Featured Post

Pinned Post, A Policy Note:

I have made a decision to keep this blog virus free from this point forward, at least until the smoke clears. This is not a judgement about ...

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving

It's our weird holiday today in the USA, as every single other person in the USA has already reported on social media.

Or maybe you're the weird one, for NOT having the holiday, eh? EH?

Anyways, I am thankful for many things, among them my erudite and thoughtful readers, and also the vast ocean that protects me from most of them.

4 comments:

  1. It's not a holiday for indigenous people, it's a National Day of Mourning: https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2014/11/26/national-day-of-mourning-reflects-on-thanksgivings-horrific-bloody-history

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I'm almost surprised we don't yet have this holiday in the UK (having substituted US-style Hallowe'en for Bonfire Night, and very recently acquired the Black Friday hysteria). After all, those crazy, incompetent settlers were, technically, still English citizens, not "American".

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently heard the early Americans described as "middle-class religious zealots" to my delight.

      Delete
    2. You could give thanks that the blighters were gone.

      Delete